· Administers contracts to ensure fulfillment of contractual obligations. Defines requirements, assists in generating proposals, monitors performance, negotiates terms and conditions and ensures compliance with contract requirements.
· Responsible for contract administration functions for prime contract and sub-tier government and commercial contracts in accordance with applicable commercial, government and international contract rules and regulations.
· Reviews statements of work and specifications to identify risks, informs management of contractual risks and obligations and offers solutions to mitigate contractual/program risks.
· Administers contract change management and contract closeout activities.
· Ensures records are created and properly retained and maintains current contracts, files and records.
· Controls formal correspondence with customers. Monitors and ensures compliance with contract terms, special provisions, warranties, deliverables and funding requirements.
· Acts as the focal point of contact with the customer for all contractual matters and is a liaison with customers and internal departments for all matters affecting contracts.
· Negotiates to obtain an acceptable business agreement that achieves the company objective.
· Ensures review and approval of negotiated contracts with appropriate management.
· Provides all required information that supports the company's negotiation position. Prepares documentation to confirm negotiation settlement.
· Ensures proper contractual flowdown clauses from prime contracts are identified and supplied to the company’s procurement organization.
· Supports new business proposal activities. Reviews solicitation requests to ensure compliance with terms and conditions.
· Participates in the daily operations of the project, as applicable, to meet schedules, resolve complex issues and respond to inquiries regarding contractual obligations.
· Communicates with Legal, Financial and Business Development for resolution of contract issues and disputes.
· Mentors and trains less experienced professionals; may have direct reports.
· Works independently, with guidance in only the most complex situations.
· Strong team member and resource for business development and operations.
· Performs other duties as assigned.