· Responsible for testing, calibration, and repair of radiation monitoring equipment for both installed equipment in company facilities and portable/hand-held instrumentation including work in support of the company’s commercial instrumentation business. Handles radiation sources/calibrators and electronic test equipment safely and competently and ensures all work is completed in compliance with regulatory requirements and company procedures.
· Performs calibration and repair of portable radiation monitoring equipment in the field or calibration shop setting.
· Performs calibration and maintenance of installed radiation monitoring equipment installed in plant facilities including personnel and equipment contamination monitors, area radiation monitors, air sampling and monitoring equipment, and stack effluent monitoring equipment.
· Responsible for the performance of HEPA filter penetration testing including building filter banks, portable ventilation units, and HEPA vacuum equipment.
· Performs calibration and repair of radiation monitoring equipment in support of commercial instrumentation business including customer owned equipment and company owned equipment rented to customers.
· Completes routine maintenance and cleaning of radiation monitoring equipment.
· Completes pickup/delivery and response testing of portable radiation monitoring equipment.
· Performs safe handling and use of sealed radiation sources and gamma calibrators.
· Works safely in compliance with all company safety policies and promptly reporting any issues or accidents involving worker safety.
· Stays current on TDEC-DRH license requirements for instrumentation operations, national instrumentation calibration standards, and EnergySolutions policies and procedures concerning proper use and calibration of radiation instrumentation.
· Ships and receives radiation monitoring equipment in support of commercial instrumentation business.
· Responsible for the completion of neat, accurate and thorough instrumentation test and calibration documentation including response test logs, calibration stickers, and calibration certificates.
· Assists with maintenance of source and calibration tracking databases and generation of associated reports.
· Completes source and instrumentation inventories.
· Inventories and orders instrumentation repair parts using associated parts and procurement databases.
· Develops and writes instrumentation calibration and operation procedures, instructions and other guidance and assists with training of instrument users.
· Performs other instrumentation support duties as assigned by instrumentation department leadership.
· Must be able to work independently and resolve practical problems including instrumentation trouble-shooting and repair with minimal supervision.
· Responsible for the quality of his/her own work and satisfying customer (internal and external) specifications.
· Travel to other facility or customer sites may be required occasionally to perform installed equipment calibrations.
· There is no supervision of other workers at this level.
· Performs other duties as assigned.