|Job Title||IRC22361 Process Technician 1|
- Loads and packs materials into containers for transportation, functions as a control room operator as required, operates a forklift and other heavy equipment as required and reviews documentation of radioactive materials for completion and accuracy. Operates specialized sorting, segregation, size reduction, treatment, and repackaging operations in strict accordance with procedures.
- Follows all safety rules, regulations and procedures. Maintains a clean and orderly work area.
- Receives oral and/or written instructions from supervisors. Reads and interprets equipment, operations and procedures manuals, as well as waste processing specifications, to be accountable for activities within assigned areas.
- Operates machinery as required.
- Wears personal protective equipment (PPE) up to level A when working in contaminated zones following the company’s health physics regulations.
- Maintains all logs, manifests, records and reports associated with all operations areas to issue and/or maintain the identity of all materials using bar codes.
- Receives, unloads, identifies, weighs and processes materials through sorting, sea/land operation, resin, decontamination, and special waste operations.
- Prepares, seals and inspects containers for containment, reliability and redirect as required ensuring quality and reliability of product integrity.
- Reviews, problem solves, performs data entry and quality checks on documentation of radioactive waste materials and outgoing radioactive shipments to ensure data is accurately tracked from receipt, through all operation processes and to final disposition.
- Generates and reviews radioactive material shipment data to assure compliance with policies, procedures, licenses, contracts and appropriate regulations.
- Demonstrates familiarization with multiple processes such as special waste, material processes, decontamination, warehouse/yard and tracking systems.
- Breaks down and reassembles casks. Refurbishes liners for clients and moves material from the transportation waste containers to tanks. Uses a forklift to move containers to and from trucks.
- Cleans work area and equipment and pulls filters.
- Repacks materials into other containers and loads processed materials into casks or other containers for shipment.
- Works under supervision.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
· Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals
· Ability to write routine reports and correspondence
· Effective communication skills. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees.
· Strong general knowledge of processes and procedures to perform work in zones safely
· Basic computer skills, including knowledge of inventory software
· Strong mechanical and problem solving skills
· Ability to obtain and maintain unescorted access status at Erwin ResinSolutions, LLC
· Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
· Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, verbal, diagram, or schedule form.
· Ability to pass a pre-employment/hazwoper physical
· Ability to stand, walk, sit, and use hands to finger, handle, or feel. Ability to reach with hands and arms, climb or balance, and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. Ability to talk or hear.
· Ability to work in extreme weather conditions (hot or cold)
· Ability to lift 50 pounds
· Ability to work at elevated heights, i.e. portable ladders, fixed ladders, rolling platforms, etc.
· Ability to effectively communicate; speaking, reading, understanding, writing and hearing clear English; pass audiogram in hearing conservation program as required by location
· Ability to read small text, documents, procedures, and instrument readouts
· Ability to wear a respirator and work around ionizing radiation
· Ability to wear protective equipment such as: goggles, ear plugs, hard hat, gloves, steel toe boots with or without shank, and full body protective clothing
· Ability to work near moving mechanical parts
· Forklift Certified
· Basic depth perception; ability to adjust focus
|Minimum Qualifications and Years of Experience|
· High School diploma or GED
· RadWorker qualification (includes Industrial Health & Safety, Security and HAZMAT) within 2 weeks after hire
· Forklift (5,500 to 8,800 lbs) qualification within 2 weeks after hire and Crane (45 ton and 7.5 ton) qualification within 6 months after hire
· Sluicing Liners qualification within 6 weeks after hire
· 2 years previous experience in an industrial setting
· 1 year of experience as a Process Technician
· Forklift experience
|How To Apply|
EnergySolutions is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Apply online at: www.energysolutions.com/our-company/careers
|Amount of Travel|
|Work At Home|