· Is responsible for supporting and coordinating the development, production and submittal of proposals and related documentation to existing and prospective customers.
· Supports the development, production and submittal of proposals with the objective of winning contract work to ensure continued company financial health.
· Supports the proposal process through to delivery, which includes overseeing multiple technical authors and personally writing major proposal sections [e.g., Experience, Past Performance and Key Personnel; Management; Regulatory Compliance; Environment, Safety and Health (ES&H); and Quality Assurance (QA)].
· Prepares proposal document outlines and tailored templates using standard formats based on specific solicitation requirements.
· Works with Operations personnel to ensure proposal documentation is responsive to, and compliant with, customer requirements. Ensures quality standards are in line with winning proposals.
· Ensures other proposal-related documentation [e.g., proposal draft and final documents, teaming agreements, nondisclosure agreements, memoranda of understanding (MOUs) and capture memos] are prepared, submitted and filed appropriately.
· Works with capture managers to conduct Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats (SWOTs) analyses; and identify key proposal resources, relevant projects and key personnel.
· Participates in team strategy meetings, performs pre-Request for Proposal (RFP) research and helps define capture strategies and prepare capture plans.
· Distributes RFPs to key proposal team members and coordinates with internal groups such as ES&H, QA and Contracts on reviews of the RFPs. Conducts thorough reviews of all RFPs.
· Prepares compliance/assignments matrix and proposal schedules working with capture managers and senior Business Development managers.
· Holds kickoff meetings and coordinates with proposal team to ensure interim and final deadlines for proposal production are met.
· Ensures appropriate proposal review and approval in compliance with governing Limits of Authority.
· Ensures the proposal process is managed in a disciplined way and applies a graded approach to the process as appropriate.
· Develops and monitors metrics to ensure winning proposal efforts.
· Ensures distribution of internal proposal copies. Prepares and distributes lessons learned summaries for management and proposal teams.
· Requests debriefings from customers.
· Archives project experience and resume information as boilerplate information for use on future proposals.
· Manages SharePoint sites for proposals. Maintains CRM system and proposal libraries.
· Supports the proposal center manager on larger proposal efforts. Proposal coordinators also support the proposal managers on larger proposal efforts.
· Responsible for the quality of their own work and satisfying customer (internal and external) specifications.
· There is no direct supervision of other workers at this level.
· Performs other duties as assigned.
· Position Available in Oak Ridge, TN OR Charlotte, NC