· Loads and packs materials into containers for transportation, functions as a control room operator as required, operates a forklift and other heavy equipment as required and reviews documentation of radioactive materials for completion and accuracy. Operates specialized sorting, segregation, size reduction, treatment, and repackaging operations in strict accordance with procedures. May specialize in one area but will attain knowledge and skills in other areas of operations.
· Follows all safety rules, regulations and procedures. Maintains a clean and orderly work area.
· Receives oral and/or written instructions from supervisors. Reads and interprets equipment, operations and procedures manuals, as well as waste processing specifications, to be accountable for activities within assigned areas.
· Operates machinery as required.
· Wears personal protective equipment (PPE) up to level A when working in contaminated zones following the company’s health physics regulations.
· Maintains all logs, manifests, records and reports associated with all operations areas to issue and/or maintain the identity of all materials using bar codes.
· Receives, unloads, identifies, weighs and processes materials through sorting, shredding, overpacking, sea/land operation, resin, compaction, decontamination, special waste operation, metal melting, incineration, tracking systems operation and demolition support activities.
· Prepares, seals and inspects containers for containment, reliability and redirect as required ensuring quality and reliability of product integrity.
· Conducts daily, weekly, and monthly facility inspection rounds to ensure safety systems are within tolerances.
· Drives tractor-trailers or other rigs to transport radioactive and non-radioactive materials within a local area.
· Prepares bill of lading for transportation of materials in accordance with Department of Transportation requirements.
· Reviews, problem solves, performs data entry and quality checks on documentation of radioactive waste materials and outgoing radioactive shipments to ensure data is accurately tracked from receipt, through all operation processes and to final disposition.
· Generates and reviews radioactive material shipment data to assure compliance with policies, procedures, licenses, contracts and appropriate regulations.
· Performs control room operations.
· Demonstrates familiarization with multiple processes such as special waste, material processes, decontamination, incineration, metal melt, compaction, warehouse/yard and tracking systems.
· Works under supervision.
· Performs other duties as assigned.