· Performs general accounting activities, including the preparation, maintenance and reconciliation of ledger accounts and financial statements, such as balance sheets, profit-and-loss statements and capital expenditure schedules. Prepares, records, analyzes and reports accounting transactions and ensures the integrity of accounting records for completeness, accuracy and compliance with accepted accounting policies and principles. Provides financial support including forecasting, budgeting, and analyzing variations from budget.
· Prepares, examines or analyzes accounting records, financial statements or other financial reports to assess accuracy, completeness, and conformance to reporting and procedural standards.
· Ensures appropriate revenue recognition for General Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) purposes.
· Performs general ledger accounting functions and reviews general ledger account reconciliations.
· Supports external and internal audits and due diligence requirements.
· Assists in identifying areas needing cost effectiveness or efficiency improvements and identifying problems with waste, fraud, and abuse.
· Performs reconciliations and analysis for assigned balance sheet accounts.
· Participates in month-end, quarter-end and year-end closings.
· Assists in preparation of consolidated financial statements for external reporting.
· Assists with preparation of internal management reporting and other ad hoc reporting requests.
· There is no supervision of other works at this level.
· Responsible for performing routine general ledger functions and entries.
· Responsible for performing balance sheet reconciliations.
· Responsible for supporting the various audits as they relate to assigned general ledger accounts.
· Performs other duties as assigned.