· Responsible for the shipping of hazardous and radioactive materials and wastes for customers, including low level (LLRW), mixed (MW), recyclable and non-regulated waste. Determines appropriate US Department of Transport (DOT) packaging requirements, hazard classification and proper shipping names associated with shipping papers, markings, labeling and placards. Ensures safe and compliant shipments every time.
· Completes hazardous waste/material manifests and associated shipping records.
· Coordinates transportation logistics with multiple customers and consignees.
· Provides radioactive/mixed waste broker services to both external and internal customers.
· Provides specialized generator service interface between customers and consignees.
· Interfaces with treatment/storage and disposal (TSD) facilities, generators and/or other customers and regulators to resolve specific waste management related concerns.
· Prepares shipping papers and waste manifests IAW state and federal regulations.
· Initiates and maintains waste profiles for processing/disposal facilities.
· Interprets and implements federal and state regulations and DOE orders as they pertain to the shipping of hazardous materials and wastes.
· Verifies and performs all necessary safety checks, compliance checks and final inspections of all packages prior to transport to ensure compliance with DOT, DOE, federal, state and local regulations.
· Prepares strategic waste management plans and waste shipment disposal documentation.
· Interprets waste management and transportation rules, regulations and policies to assist generators in the proper compliant management of facility and project waste.
· Performs other duties as assigned.