· Ensures the security and safety of people and property in assigned areas by patrolling areas (on foot or in a vehicle) and enforcing rules and regulations. Patrols buildings and grounds, checking for fires, safety/fire hazards, vandalism, theft and suspicious activity or persons. Investigates and/or reports hazards and unusual or suspicious circumstances for correction or follow-up actions. Safeguards and protects people and assets against any kind of attacks, violence and intrusion.
· Performs routine patrols of grounds, buildings, vehicles and water lines to prevent and detect signs of intrusion and ensure the security/operation of alarm systems, lights, gates, doors and windows. These tasks are necessary to maintain a safe and secure workforce thereby enabling EnergySolutions to reach its performance goals and stay competitive in the marketplace.
· Conducts random vehicle and personnel searches to identify the possession of any prohibited items and to confirm proper authorization for personnel departing with items (objects, tools and containers).
· Operates detecting devices to screen individuals and prevent passage of prohibited articles into and out of restricted areas.
· Uses radiation detection instrumentation to scan personnel, vehicles, equipment, etc., out of non-contaminated restricted areas.
· Provides controls at personnel and vehicle entries to ensure only authorized personnel and vehicles enter.
· Warns persons of rule infractions or violations and apprehends or evicts violators from premises. Escorts suspended and terminated employees off-site.
· Inspects and adjusts security systems/equipment/machinery to ensure proper operation and detect tampering.
· Monitors and adjusts controls that regulate building systems, such as air conditioning, furnaces and boilers.
· Creates work orders as needed for security/safety issues (e.g., lighting, locks, fences, gates and badge readers).
· Maintains compliance with security procedures and completes security and access logs as required.
· Responds to alarms and dispatched calls and investigates disturbances. Decides what actions to take based on situations, facts known and position limitations.
· Documents emergency information, notifies outside emergency services, site contacts and site personnel as required.
· Investigates security-related incidents and prepares reports on them.
· Investigates claims of theft, vandalism and vehicle accidents.
· Writes daily reports regarding the activities and disturbances (if any) that have occurred during assigned work hours and provides details on the events.
· Circulates among visitors, patrons and employees to preserve order and protect property. Observes activity and traffic in assigned areas to enforce rules and regulations; alerts visitors of infractions.
· Performs safety inspections. Performs surveillances on truck parking facilities and rail lines.
· Provides safety and security briefings, conducts visitor guides and issues dosimeters, safety glasses, hard hats and safety shoe covers as appropriate.
· Controls the issuance and management of keys, badges and other security-related items.
· Operates electronic equipment including two-way radios, closed-circuit television and digital video recorders. Answers telephone calls to take messages, answer questions and provide information during non-business hours or when the switchboard is closed.
· Escorts or drives motor vehicles to transport individuals to specified locations and to provide personal protection.
· Performs janitorial duties at various buildings and replenish necessary cleaning supplies
· Receives, stocks, and pulls warehouse items, which includes operating a fork lift. Ensures the main receiving area is clear of empty boxes, papers on the floor, etc.
· Makes minor repairs on restricted area fence line, gates, sign postings, etc.
· Performs other duties as assigned.